For custom orders please
text or call Cathy 705-875-7509
Past Custom Orders
& Bootie Creations
All of our textiles are machine washable
Dry -lowest setting
What makes our booties different...
We do a little bit extra in the construction of our booties, we think its totally worth it, and have gotten great feedback on the quality of our booties.
Minky liner - low pile minky, super silky soft, and resists the urge to pill like some plush fabrics
Pill-caused by wear, and is considered unsightly to some also described as little balls stuck onto fabric
Quilt batting - middle layer, helps insulate the booties for warmth, as well as adding stability to keep the cuff up
Cotton exterior - we use 100% new cotton quilt fabrics in a variety of patterns and colours (see below)
Hidden seams - professional quality finish, all boots are started inside out, they are then turned out and hand stitched closed
Elastic - the elastic knot is purposefully left exposed so that the tightness can be adjusted. If you find the boots are slipping off, tighten the elastic a little at a time by repositioning the knot. Use your best judgement and discretion when tightening your elastic
Top stitched - stitching around the outside of the cuff for great shape retention. This stitching gives it that quality polished finish
Plastic snaps - Quality, strong snaps will not rust. Tough to open aiding in the boots ability to stay on!
Machine Washable - On gentle
Dryer - Lowest Setting
Soles - two options see below
Add ons $5 each
Detachable cuff - we skip the step that attaches the cuff permanently and use snaps instead so that you have options. wear without the cuff on warmer days, or buy a second cuff to change up the look
Toe/Heel guards - friction happens, vigorous crawlers and new walkers paired with various floor surfaces can cause your little one to wear a hole through the cotton fabric. Our guards are made with toughtek to help keep your little ones boots looking fresh.
Measuring Little Feet
Measuring little feet
1. Find a ruler, a writing utensil and a piece of paper
2. Tape the paper to the ground and place your child's foot on it. Gently press down on their foot to make sure it is flat and that their toes are not curled
3. Draw a line behind their heel and another line in front of their longest toe
4. Measure the distance diagonally between the lines in inches
* Add 1/4" for adequate wiggle room and human error for toes and proper foot growth. Poor fitting shoes can lead to bone, back and muscle problems later in life
* Make sure you measure both feet and use the longer foot measurement for sizing.
* Measure often to ensure a perfect fit. Little feet should be measured at least every 2-3 months for the first 2 years and at least every 6 months after that.
* Add socks. If you're buying shoes that will be worn with socks or tights, measure feet while wearing these items or add a little extra length to ensure a good fit.
To take into consideration
- If they are crawling, walking they need to be more snug, luckily our ankles are adjustable
- How quickly they are growing and how long you'll want them to fit
- How silly they will look with big floppy booties on
ToughTek sets the standard for abrasion resistant grip fabrics and it is rugged, Non-slip in wet, dry, hot and cold conditions. Earth Friendly IPU, Vegan.
Waterproof, fire retardant, washable, and can go in the dryer on low heat. This is a unique fabric that holds up strongly to wear, and performs excellent as a grip and non-skid shoe in both wet and dry conditions.
From the Manufacturer: PLEASE SEE *REACH description below for details if you have concerns or questions before you purchase. We do not offer certifications for fabric content.
Our fabric has not been tested for CPSIA standards. It is “REACH” compliant. Safeguarding human health and the environment.
* REACH stands for the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and restriction of Chemicals, which are the four key elements of the regulation. It aims to ensure a high level of protection of human health and the environment.
Industries have increasingly recognized that REACH is much more than the sum of its individual requirements and that compliance requires strategic planning. REACH is one of the world’s largest independent providers of testing and certification services.
REACH is comprehensive in its scope. It covers nearly all commercial products, consumer products such as clothing and footwear, jewelry, electrical and electronic products, toys, furniture, and health and beauty products all fall within the scope of REACH.
Stay on Cuff Booties
Screen Printed Textiles
All of our screen printed designs are done using a traditional silk screen printing method.
Silk screen printing got its name due to the use of silk mesh, now a polyester alternative mesh is used.
Screen printing is a printing technique whereby a mesh is used to transfer ink onto a substrate, except in areas made impermeable to the ink by blocking the mesh holes. A squeegee is moved across the screen to fill the open mesh and transfer the designs onto the desired surface.
At Cavan Creations we use a UV sensitive emulsion to create our stencils and a water based ink for our designs. These inks penetrate into the cotton fibres, dyeing them. This leaves a soft hand feel because excess ink gets washed away.
As garments and towels are worn and washed the image will soften giving it that awesome vintage look we love so much.
All designs are original artwork by Nicole and as such is property of Cavan Creations, they are not to be copied or duplicated.